Beef Pot Roast with Creamy Gravy
Oksesteg i flødesovs
This delicious traditional Danish Roasted beef dish is not something that would be served every day. This recipe is reserved for special occasions. You might see it at a dinner party or perhaps a birthday.
- 5 pounds of trimmed roast
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 large sliced onion
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup cream 35%
- ¾ cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 garlic gloves
- Rub the roast with salt and white pepper.
- Heat butter in frying pan, and brown the roast on both sides.
- Place roast in a roasting pan
- Place onion slices and garlic on top of the roast.
- Add water, cream and red wine.
- Cook in oven for 3 hours 320 degrees Fahrenheit or until the roast is tender.
- Add more red wine if necessary. (If the bottom of the roasting pan dries out.)
- Place roast on a hot platter
- Blend flour into the remaining liquid from roasting pan to make the gravy
Serve with boiled or baked potatoes. Enjoy!
LastUpdate: 2015-12-06 21:50:10