Burning Love - (Brændende Kærlighed)
This fulfilling traditional Danish meal was a very popular amongst poor Danish farmers for the simple reason that it is cheap, quick to make and very satisfying. For non-Danes, it provides a glimpse into a very traditional type of Danish meal. We recommend you try it.
- 1 pound potatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 teaspoons chives or parsley
- 2 tablespoons Danish butter
- ½ pound Danish Bacon
- Peel or scrub potatoes, and boil them for 20-25 minutes in unsalted water or until tender enough to mash
- Cut bacon in small cubes
- Fry bacon on frying pan, and place on platter with paper towel when done
- Chop onions, and fry them in the bacon grease
- Mash the potatoes and mix with butter and salt
- Serve the mashed potatoes with a mix of onions and bacon on top
- Sprinkle the dish with chives or parsley before serving
Tip: To make this Danish dish even better and more authentic, serve with pickled beets on the side.
LastUpdate: 2015-12-06 21:54:11