Danish Recipe - Roast Beef with Béarnaise Sauce
Dansk oksesteg med bearnaisesauce
Recipe from Denmark for a Danish dinner favorite. Although not originally from Denmark, Béarnaise sauce is a popular part of Danish cuisine.
- 3½ pounds top round steak
- 1 grated horseradish root
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 sliced carrot
- Add salt and pepper, to taste, into all sides of the beef.
- Place the roast, in a roasting pan with a little butter.
- Place the grated horseradish, onion and carrot on top of the meat.
- Roast in a moderate oven (preheated to 325 degrees Fahrenheit – 160 degrees Celsius) for 1 hour and 10 minutes if you like rare beef and more if you prefer medium meat.
Serve with Béarnaise Sauce and crisp French fried potatoes.
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 09:42:42