Danish Recipe Smoked Bacon with Apples and Onions
Dansk Røget bacon med æbler og løg
This traditional recipe from Denmark makes a hearty lunch or a tasty Sunday evening dinner.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced back bacon (Canadian bacon)
- 2 large onions
- 3 medium apples cut in wedges
- Black pepper
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add bacon and fry until lightly browned.
- Remove bacon and drain on paper towel.
- Add remaining butter and fry onions until soft and transparent.
- Add apples; cover pan and simmer 7 to 10 minutes.
- When apples are cooked, put bacon back in and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Grind pepper over top.
LastUpdate: 2016-07-24 08:59:27