Pork Neck Chop with Potatoes and Vegetables
Nakkekoteletter med kartofler og grøntsager
The Pork Neck Chop is one the most flavourful cuts of pork and this cut of meat is the foundation of a wonderful Danish recipe. The neck chop is always very tender and full of flavour. Unfortunately every country has their only cultural practices in regards to carving meat so a true Neck Chop is usually not available in the USA, UK, Canada and Australia. If you would still like to try this recipe we recommend you use a Pork Rib Roast (UK) or a Pork Shoulder (Pork Butt) (USA).
Roasting the potatoes and vegetables together with the pork results in a mouth watering, wonderful dining experience.
- 2,5 pound potatoes
- 2 large red onions
- 1 large white onion
- 1 large squash
- 4 garlic gloves
- 20 ounces (2.5 cups) beef stock
- 4 large pork neck chops (or 1 pound pork shoulder, pork butt or pork rib roast)
- Salt and pepper to taste
Just prior to serving:
- 1 bundle parsley
- The juice from ½ a lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel the potatoes, and cut them in thin slices
- Cut red onions, squash and tomatoes into thin slices
- Finely chop the white onion
- Place potatoes, red onions, squash and tomatoes in layers in an ovenproof dish, and sprinkle garlic between the layers.
- Boil the beef stock, and pour over the dish.
- Brown the pork neck chops on both sides, on a frying pan without butter or oil. Turn the pork neck chops a couple of times, so they don’t burn.
- Add salt and pepper on the pork neck chops, and place them in with the potatoes and vegetables mixture.
- Place dish low in oven, and cook for 45 minutes. Check if the potatoes are tender, before removing the dish from the oven.
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 10:14:04