Veal Breast with Dill Sauce
Kalvebryst med Dildsauce
Dill Sauce is commonly featured in traditional Danish cooking. This breast of Veal dish is the perfect recipe to impress your guests.
- 3 pounds Veal breast
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 sprigs fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups of veal stock (taken from the cooked veal)
- 2 tablespoons crushed dill
- 1½ tablespoons vinegar
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Parsley (garnish)
- Rinse the meat quickly with hot water.
- Place in a roasting pan, and cover with boiling water.
- Let come to a boil and skim some of the oil floating at the top.
- Add bay leaf, dill, salt and pepper.
- Simmer covered on top of the stove for 1½ hour.
- Remove veal and keep 2 cups of the stock for the dill sauce.
- Cut the veal into serving pieces and place on a hot serving platter.
- Melt butter in a skillet.
- Add flour and stir continuously until smooth.
- Add the stock from the veal gradually, stirring after each addition.
- Add rest of the ingredients (crushed dill, vinegar, egg yolk, salt).
- Remove the mixture when it’s smooth, and pour over the veal.
- Garnish the platter with sprigs of parsley.
We recommend you serve this dish with boiled potatoes.
LastUpdate: 2015-04-21 10:35:07